First Church of Christ, Congregational in Farmington, CT, an Open and Affirming Congregation of the United Church of Christ seeks an experienced part-time Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries. We are a vibrant and committed congregation with a heart for children and youth, and a commitment to deepening intergenerational ties. We are active in resettlement of refugees and support of a program for those at risk for homelessness. As a result of COVID, we learned that we are most inspired by the opportunity to develop and grow our faith through intergenerational relationships rather than the traditional classroom type of faith formation activities. We’re looking for someone who has experience in education, who has a heart for all ages and a specific soft spot for children and youth, and who wants to work with us on developing a ministry that spans the generations, and nurtures a faith that is life-sustaining and shaped by justice and service. For more information on the church go to www.firstchurch1652.org
The candidate will work with the Senior Pastor and the Christian Education Committee as we work to deepen our faith through inter-generational dialogue, worship, experience, and study. Responsibilities include:
* Select, adapt and implement Christian Formation and VBC materials so that they are consistent with our ministry and mission.
* Acquire and organize necessary supplies for Children’s Ministry and VBC.* Be present on Sunday mornings for worship and other activities. Attend other church events as available to support the Christian Formation ministries.
* Work with Christian Education Committee and Senior Pastor to develop intergenerational events throughout the year.
* Offer a Children’s Message
* Work with the Senior Pastor to identify and provide for the pastoral care and spiritual nurture needs of the families of the church.
* Work with Senior Pastor to lead confirmation
* Coordinate Safe Church trainings
We seek a person of faith with Biblical Grounding, and the ability to work collaboratively with staff and people of all ages; a self starter with good organizational and technological skills. A resourceful and mature person who LOVES children. Bachelor's degree is requred.
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week
Contact: Susan Gibson
Address: 75 Main Street Farmington CT 06032-3147
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): director of children youth and family ministries.docx