The following part-time position is currently available with Old South Church in Boston. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to the Multimedia Director, Jamie Garuti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Digital Media Intern
Reports to: Multimedia Director
Location: Old South Church in Boston, Copley Square, 645 Boylston St, 02116
Hours: 9 hours/week, including Sundays 9am-12pm and Thursdays 4pm-7:30pm
Old South Church in Boston is a vibrant, intergenerational, theologically progressive, LGBTQIA+ welcoming congregation of the United Church of Christ, first gathered in 1669. We offer two services per week: All-Church Worship on Sunday mornings and Jazz Worship on Thursday evenings, both of which are livestreamed. In addition, we offer many opportunities for community building, spiritual growth, music, service and activism, and more. We are seeking a Digital Media Intern to help advertise our events and news through social media, as well as to assist in worship livestreaming.
Our social media presence currently consists of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The Digital Media Intern will be provided with information to schedule and post across channels. They will customize posts for each platform, and are encouraged to bring their own creativity into both written and graphic content. The Digital Media Intern will also be responsible for preparing and operating ProPresenter, a program that superimposes lyrics, graphics, and lower thirds onto the livestream video in real time.
The ideal candidate for this role is creative and social media savvy, keeping their finger on the pulse of current trends. Attention to detail and the ability to focus through an hour-long service are essential. This position can be filled by a student intern on a semester basis, or by someone looking for a longer term position.
- Create, schedule and post social media content
- Enter and proof-read lyrics and lower thirds into ProPresenter in advance of each Thursday and Sunday worship service
- Operate ProPresenter at every Sunday morning and Thursday evening worship service so that lyrics, lower thirds and graphics are displayed on screen at the correct time
- Monitor audio levels throughout the worship service
- Collect worship viewership data
- Holiday hours including Easter and Christmas Eve are required, but paid at time and a half
- Experience with strategic use of Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Experience managing organizational/company social media accounts a plus
- Strong writing, editing and typing skills
- Ability to focus throughout an hour-long service
- Reliable, timely and responsive to direction
- Calm and clear-headed under pressure; ability to think on your feet and quickly problem solve
- Comfortable working in a diverse, faith-based community
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
- All staff at Old South Church are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted
- Face masks and social distancing are required inside the building at all times
- Worship takes place inside the Sanctuary, our largest room. The Digital Media Intern works in a balcony area with 1-2 other people.
Old South Church in Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and members of other historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Old South Church in Boston
Contact: Jamie Garuti
Address: 645 Boylston St. Boston MA 02116
Email: Click to email