Newtown Congregational Church (NCC), UCC, an open and affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ seeks an energetic Coordinator of Christian Nurture (CCN) to lead our Sunday Morning Nurture Program. It is a goal of NCC to provide and promote a wide range of nurture opportunities for the Church community.
The Coordinator will report directly to the Lead Pastor and partner in coordination with the Nurture Ministry Team. We are looking for someone to bring energy and creativity to our Sunday Morning ministry and to work collaboratively with lay volunteers.
- A commitment to Christ and a calling to Christian education.
- Some Undergraduate training and/or education experience in Childhood education.
- Ecumenical and inclusive outlook, supportive of welcoming all children and families in keeping with the Open and Affirming commitment of our congregation.
- Strong communication skills, including active listening.
- Requires passing a Safe Church background check.
- Working with appropriate church leaders to set goals, determine priorities, establish programs, and coordinate calendars.
- Overseeing Sunday Morning Nurture Program in coordination with the Pastor, Worship Team and Nurture Team including curriculum, activities and other offerings.
- Providing leadership to the educational ministry of the church, including identifying gifts of leaders and promoting their involvement in Sunday Morning Programs.
- Work cooperatively with the pastor and the Nurture Ministry Team.
- Empower parents to be involved with the faith development of their children.
- Follow Safe Church policies
- Keeping current of the latest trends, methods, and materials as related to religious education
- Other duties and activities as required, including special programs.
- Part-time. 12 hours per week September 1 through mid-June (42 weeks) includes Sunday mornings 9:00 AM-12:30PM from early September-mid June.
- A typical week might consist of these major duties: Sunday activities 4 hours, Weekly meetings 3 hours, Prep/Coordination 5 hours.
- The CCN will attend regularly scheduled church staff meetings and monthly meetings of the Nurture Ministry Team. Some meetings are in the evening and often have a Zoom attendance alternative.
- The CCN is expected to work during the 42 weeks of the year but will have 6 Sundays off during that period where they will not need to be on site on Sunday mornings.
- This is an Annual Commitment, which will be reviewed upon the completion of the term.
- Current expectation is for 5-10 children ranging from Pre-K to 6th Grade would be attending. However, our goal is to increase the number of children attending.
- Ordering of the necessary supplies.
- Assist in recruiting teachers and help for Sunday School.
- The CCN is to provide his/her own transportation.
Compensation: $20 - $25 Per Hour ($240 - $300 Per Week) Based upon Experience.
Location: Newtown Congregational Church
Contact: Kenneth L. Donahue
Address: 752 Lakeside Road Southbury CT 06488
Email: Click to email