Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the Communications and Design Coordinator will have a passion for innovative design, creating beautiful and artful work that drives a positive end user response from websites, email, social media, print, advertising, and all other storytelling mediums. This is a 10 hour per-week position with a fixed hourly rate of compensation. The Communications and Design Coordinator will be a creative thinker who has a firm commitment to execution. They should be someone who can work independently but also collaboratively understanding the impact their work has on the ability for Spring Glen Church to achieve its mission as an Open & Affirming Christian community.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and evolve the Spring Glen aesthetic and design experience.
- Partner with key stakeholders to execute effective graphic and communications content that highlights the values of Spring Glen Church.
- Design various types of content, including but not limited to: GIFs, infographics, HTML emails, custom templates, email banners, ads, PowerPoint decks, various social media posts graphics, reflections and announcements from staff and/or members, etc.
- Create scalable marketing materials and collateral that can be leveraged for various marketing purposes to positively impact and engage diverse audiences across race, gender, age, nationality, economic circumstance, physical ability, mental condition, and sexual orientation.
- Proactively improve upon existing design assets to refresh our look and feel.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions including but not limited to: a Friday weekly email newsletter, seasonal publications, and regular social media posts.
- Take complex information from staff and/or members and turn it into easily digestible graphics.
- Meet established deadlines and assure accurate completion of assigned projects.
- Ensure projects are completed with high-quality and professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should send a statement of interest, resume, and portfolio of relevant work addressed to Jim Kenny, Personnel Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2-5+ years of related work experience
- Ability to work efficiently on several initiatives and projects at once, often with ambiguity and varying timelines.
- Ability to contribute to design strategy and thought leadership discussions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly across different audiences.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team to meet deadlines.
- Possess the ability to build relationships and work effectively with diverse groups of members, colleagues, and community members.
- High level of comfort with multiple technology and communication platforms (email, Google suite, Zoom, etc) in order to communicate with other individuals.
- Sound judgment and a high level of professionalism.
- Ideate and create compelling print, web, and other digital collateral
- Translate marketing strategies into compelling and clear graphic design solutions.
- Commitment to the mission statement of Spring Glen Church and a passion for the intersectional values in our Open & Affirming statement, including anti-racism, accessible-toall, and LGBTQIA+ ministry.
- Experience in an Open & Affirming church or faith-based work setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Experience with responsive and mobile design.
- Proven skills in creativity, analysis, and problem-solving, and the ability to evaluate, synthesize, and incorporate ideas and feedback from multiple stakeholders; ability to synthesize complex ideas and concepts into compelling digital collateral.
Location: The Spring Glen Church, UCC
Contact: James Kenny
Address: 1825 Whitney Avenue Hamden CT 06517
Attached file(s): view file