The First Congregational Church of Rowley, is seeking an Administrative Assistant for an active church office.
Hours: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm Monday - Thursday
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Must be a person who is comfortable with the Christian Faith and supportive of its traditions.
Must represent not only the First Congregational Church of Rowley but also demonstrate a real love and concern for all people
- must have general knowledge of all office equipment and supplies and a willingness to further their training.
- must posses good telephone, communication, and organizational skills.
- must be able to deal with various types of personalities, both on the phone and in person, in a professional manner.
- perform general office work, under the supervision of the Pastor and cooperate with other staff.
- Keep church staff and key leaders informed of member’s need such as deaths, illness and other crises.
- Answer the phone and screen calls for staff per their direction.
- Respond to emails as appropriate; pick up and distribute regular mail to staff/committees.
- Perform general office work; maintain supplies and various files; keep records and compile these into periodic or occasional reports. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Edit and prepare weekly church bulletin and other documents as requested.
- Compile and edit monthly newsletters from information collected from church members and other sources
- Exercise tact, courtesy, confidentiality and diplomacy in receiving callers, in person or by telephone.
- Maintain church calendar for meetings and building use.
- Make outgoing calls such as ordering materials or supplies; pick up supplies as needed.
- Photocopy documents and assemble as needed.
- Prepare routine letters and documents as needed/requested.
- Prepare and maintain mailing lists and church roster.
- Keep accurate church records, (e.g church members, prospects, calendar etc.)
- Adhere to church policy regarding Safe Church building usage and key checkout.
- Enter Sunday school attendance records and prepare attendance sheets for each week.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs and ability with graphics.
- Ability to navigate use of websites and social media platforms.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Accounting and Database Systems a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Qualifications/ Experience:
- At least a high school diploma; some college preferred.
- Previous experience in a faith-based setting a plus.
Interested applicants should send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Contact: Rev. Tom Bentley
Address: 175 Main Street (Rte 1a) P.O. Box 364 Rowley MA 01969