Christ Church United, a UCC church in Lowell, Massachusetts, is looking for a responsible, proactive Church Business Manager to be responsible for managing the daily operations of the church, through managing the church's schedule of events, managing, and marketing the building, ensuring the effective use of church income, and keeping accurate records. The Church Manager works with the community, and supports the pastor and other church staff members.
To be a successful Church Business Manager, you should be able to handle multiple tasks to ensure the church is well-run, maintained, and staffed. You should be generous, efficient, detail-oriented, and professional.
This position will report to the Lead Pastor of the church.
- Managing daily operations and maintaining records.
- Coordinating, aid in planning, and executing church events.
- Works with the church treasurer and financial committee in assisting to create budgets, pay bills, oversee payrolls, and track and record church income from donations and sales and do reporting. The church manager will, under the direction of the church trustees, aid in the day-to-day management of a significant church endowment ensuring the relevant policies are followed. Managing how the endowment is invested is not necessary as this is done by a church agency.
- Overseeing church facility maintenance, scheduling and security operations. This includes developing and managing the building as a community resource and venue.
- Assisting with scheduling meetings, both within the Church community and renters, renting church equipment and facilities, and enforcing church policies for facility use.
- Supporting the church officers with reports and administrative advice. Working with officers and church staff to prepare for meetings and keep track of decision implementation.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the congregation and community.
- Supervise building staff (Custodian and Church Administrator).
- Report to the Lead Pastor and the Church Council
- An appropriate degree in management/administration.
- 2 years' office or administrative experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to manage technology.
- Ability to handle stress and problem solve.
- Ability to keep confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to represent the mission of the church community.
- Attend church staff meetings.
- Relevant professional training/degree
- Understanding of accounting systems, spreadsheet management and reporting
- Significant experience and understanding of technology for management
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to lead in the management of a newly restored building
The work week will be twenty hours. Compensation will be $25 per hour. Benefit: 3% contribution to church retirement fund.
Note: We would prefer someone living in the general Lowell area who is able to drive to church when it is required.
Location: Christ Church United in Lowell, UCC
Contact: Rev. Henry Schoenfield
Address: 1 Bartlett St Lowell 01852