Old South Church in Boston is seeking a full-time Church Administrator to oversee and coordinate the administrative life of this active congregation.
Our next Church Administrator will be a people-person who enjoys being “the face of Old South” for members and the public. We seek a tech-savvy, multi-tasking self-starter who looks forward to being a senior member of a leadership team of talented, committed and supportive colleagues.
Old South Church, a congregation of the United Church of Christ, is a vibrant, intergenerational, multicultural, theologically progressive Christian church located in the heart of Boston on Copley Square. Our campus, a National Historical Landmark completed in 1875, welcomes visitors and members seven days a week, and is home to multiple ministries, social service organizations, community groups,12-step programs, musical ensembles, schools and more.
Job Type: Full-time, in-person
Reports to: the Senior Minister
Salary: $70,000-$80,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Employer-funded retirement plan with full vesting immediately
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off (2 weeks vacation, 2 personal days, 10 sick days, 13 paid holidays)
- 50% reimbursement for public transit expense
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Staffing and managing the Church Office; supervision of all office staff.
- Working closely with program staff in support of all church programs.
- Coordinating and managing building use, in collaboration with the Director of Operations
- Managing the church’s membership database
- Administrative support for some church boards and committees
- Logistical support for worship services and other events
- Some financial management, in coordination with the Accounting Office
- Knowledge of a broad range of computer applications, such as: word processing, spreadsheets, database management, desktop publishing, cloud-based applications
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Basic bookkeeping
- Supervision experience
- 3-5 years experience preferred in a position with significant administrative responsibility
- Cover letter and resume are required; send to: email@example.com
- Applications will be considered as they are received.
- (A Criminal Offence Record Inquiry (CORI) will be required upon hiring.)
Old South Church in Boston is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, disability status, or veteran status. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and members of other historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Old South Church in Boston
Contact: John Braught
Address: 645 Boylston St. Boston MA 02116
Email: Click to email