Christian Education Director - Paxton MA
First Congregational Church of Paxton is seeking a dynamic individual to develop and direct our vibrant Sunday School program, September through May. We have an enthusiastic group of children and youth and are excited to hire a skilled individual to lead them forward.
- A passion for guiding children on a Christian journey
- Ability to organize and communicate
- Teaching experience with ability to support others
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Certifications in Christian Education a plus
- Work with the Christian Education Committee to review curriculum for children in grades pre-K through grade 8.
- Choose and plan lessons to be carried out by volunteer teachers on Sunday mornings.
- Recruit, supervise and support volunteer teachers
- Assist in the planning of special family events
- Participate in monthly committee meetings (may attend online)
- Reports to Pastor and Christian Education Committee
The Christian Education Director is a ten-month position averaging 10 hours per week. Compensation will be consistent over 10 months at an hourly rate of $25-30 depending on experience.
Location: First Congregational Church of Paxton
Contact: Reverend Jane Willan
Address: 1 Church St. Paxton MA 01612