The Monroe Congregational Church is an Open & Affirming community that takes the Bible seriously, but not literally. Our mission is to walk together in the path of Jesus to create good in the world by experiencing and embodying God’s love, nourishing the divine spark in all God’s children, and offering a spiritual home within and beyond our walls. We believe that children should be both heard and seen, and they are entitled to a safe church home so that they may continue to learn and grow.
POSITION: Part-Time Christian Education Coordinator and Youth Leader. With the exception of in-person programs and some meetings, this is a flexible, work from home position. Schedule is seasonal, September 1 through June 30, averaging 10 hours per week with stipend of $18/hr.
The Christian Education Coordinator (CEC) at MCC will work with members, families, lay leaders, and staff to support a vibrant educational ministry, well integrated into the life of the church in its core functions of worship, learning, fellowship, and service.
Works closely with: Board of Christian Education Reports to: The Pastor
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Christian Education Coordinator will coordinate the Sunday School program for ages pre K-5th grade and weekly Junior PF youth group. Specifically:
- Recruit Sunday School teachers and volunteers, coordinate Sunday School curriculum for two Sunday morning classes (younger and older elementary, 20 regular participants)
- Lead, staff, recruit and implement Junior Pilgrim Fellowship (middle school youth group, 8 regular participants)
- Participate in monthly Christian Education meetings and program planning meetings with Senior Pastor
- Implement Safe Conduct Policy, in conjunction with CE and Safe Conduct committee
- An understanding of and commitment to the church as a faith community
- A genuine enjoyment in working with children and middle school youth
- The capacity to work collegially, professionally and flexibly with others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a willingness to engage and effectively train volunteers
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills, an ability to keep both short and long-term projects in focus
- Punctuality and dependability in all aspects of the work
- Strong ethical grounding
Location: Monroe Congregational Church
Contact: Rev. Jennifer M Gingras
Address: 34 Church Street Monroe CT 06468