TITLE: Area Conference Missioner - North Central SNE Region
*North Central SNE Region currently consists of 104 churches and includes these Associations:
- Central MA
* This region could be rearranged to become a Team Leader’s region.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The Area Conference Missioners are agents of transformation. Missioners bring adaptive change by provoking and nurturing discipleship, new life and creative partnerships in and through the love and justice of Jesus in our clergy and church congregations and Associations. Missioners are the chief provokers of clarity and provide vision and adaptive change by embodying and living our Conference Vision.
The Area Conference Missioners serve the God we know in Jesus Christ through the United Church of Christ by providing an environment and a culture that embodies the 4-part vision of the Southern New England Conference to: Make disciples of Jesus Christ; Make God’s love and justice real; Bring new life as agents of change; and form covenant partnerships, with an emphasis on bringing new life as agents of change.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- As the most visible connection of the Conference to local churches, the Area Conference Missioner exists at the place where new ministry can be inspired and where the relationship with pastors and churches will have the ability to pivot to new faithful creative and innovative ways of being church
- Equips, encourages, provokes, rewards and nurtures communities of faith towards a new life in Jesus Christ primarily by connecting communities of faith to the resources and programs of the Conference.
- Supports local churches in transitional moments
- Celebrates, amplifies, connects and affirms where the Spirit is coming alive
- Connects Churches, Clergy, Leadership and Associations, Conference staff and covenant partners with the Vision of the Conference serving as the face of the Vision rather than the face of the Conference
- Develops a strategy of identification and cultivation of congregational and individual gifts to support the ministry and mission of the Conference
- Encourages support of the Conference’s God-given vision by churches, congregational leaders and clergy with Time, Talent and Treasures
- Develops relationships with clergy and church leadership, congregations and Associations that enable us to live into the 4-part vision of the Conference
- Collaborates across SNEUCC staff and with other Conference Staff and national UCC staff across the country.
- Seeks to develop a new model of working with and relating to Association structures. Working in collaboration with key Association leaders.
- Collaborates with covenant partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters of Divinity or equivalent professional degree required
- Ordination and current standing in ministry in an Association of the United Church of Christ
- Demonstrated ability to gather community and start ministry
- Two or more years of leadership experience preferred
- Must be reliable, self-motivated with solid, hands-on, leadership qualities
- Excellent communication skills required
BENEFITS: In order to be eligible for Conference provided benefits, an employee must work at least 28 hours per week.
- Health, Dental and Vision: That the Southern New England Conference provides a full array of health benefits, provided by the UCC Pension Board, Plan A. With a belief in cost sharing, the Conference will pay 85% of the cost of individual health coverage, and 80% of the additional incremental cost of family coverage, for all those who are eligible for and elect such coverage.
- Pension: The Conference will contribute 14% of salary basis to the pension plan of the UCC Pension Boards.
- Life and LTD Insurance: All eligible employees will be enrolled in the Pension Boards Life & LTD insurance at Conference expense.
- Sabbatical / Professional Development: Senior Tier
Internal Candidates: Submit cover letter & profile, attention Don Remick, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Candidates: Submit cover letter & profile, attention Sioux Wilusz to email@example.com.
CLOSING: September 30, 2020
EEOC POLICY: The Conference provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (except insofar as ordination or religious background may be a qualification for a position), sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, or any other class or status protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including prospective employment and the application and interview process, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.