Administrative Assistant Position – The Nahant Village Church (UCC)
The Nahant Village Church, United Church of Christ is located in Nahant, MA- next to Lynn, about 25 minutes north of Boston. Our church is open and affirming, welcoming people from all walks of life to join together in worship, learning, service, fellowship, and prayer.
The Administrative Assistant works on site from a dedicated office at the Nahant Village Church 10 hours/week. The other 5 hours are flexible and can be completed on-site or remotely. This position includes four weeks of total leave time/ year.
The hours of this position are flexible for the right candidate. We welcome diversity in applicants including students, parents, caretaker, and those working in bi-vocational ministry.
The position start date is July 1, 2020. Flexibility with regards to working on site vs. at home, and ability to work remotely in the event of a COVID stay home order is a must.
Administrative duties include:
- Managing database of congregants, friends and donors
- Managing church email and voicemail- responding to requests as able and forwarding other requests to appropriate channels
- Managing church calendar
- Managing church bulletin boards, advertisements etc.
- Collaborating on bulletins, weekly e-news, and monthly mailing with Pastoral staff and ministry teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with or willingness to learn the following: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Asana, and Canva.
- Familiarity with church language, liturgy, seasons, etc.
- Ability to work creatively, independently and on a team.
- A welcoming presence when people visit the church mid-week
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Please send the following to Rev. Megan Snell at email@example.com
- a 1-2 page cover letter describing why you think
(a) you would be a good fit for this position and
(b) this position would be a good fit for you and your career/ life goals
- a CV or resume
- contact information for 2 or more references
The Nahant Village Church (UCC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact: Rev. Megan Snell
Address: 27 Cliff St Nahant 01908