Administrative Assistant for Historic Church in Copley Square
Old South Church provides a vibrant and meaningful ministry in Boston and beyond. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to work with our program and office staff in the smooth running of the organization. Reporting to the Senior Church Administrator, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a range of duties:
- Front Desk – act as part-time receptionist and welcomer to all who enter or call the church. This includes a Monday evening shift and other fill-in times for lunch and breaks.
- Printing – produce all in-house materials and ensure the upkeep of and supplies for the printers.
- Hospitality and Event Preparation – make sure all three kitchens are orderly and well stocked. Set up for special events (prep coffee, set tables etc.) Once a week grocery shop
- Storage closets – ensure all supply closets are in order. Check inventory levels and restock when necessary.
- General office – includes data entry, filing, shredding, check distribution, collating and mailings.
- Prepare past worship materials for archival binding.
- Assist with tasks and projects as needed.
- At least 1 year of administrative experience.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet important deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to perform a wide range of tasks.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must have mobility, be able to lift 25 pounds and able to use stairs on a regular basis.
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently and effectively multitask.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
WE: love what we do and value our mutually respectful relationships with our colleagues, our congregation and our community.
YOU: have a “can-do” attitude, are a quick study and problem solver who loves creating order and likes the idea of a job in which every day is different.
This position is full-time, non-exempt. The hours are Mondays 3-10 pm, Tues-Friday 10-5 pm. Employee must work on site. Employee has their own office.
A full benefits package includes health and dental insurance, generous retirement contributions, paid time off and subsidies for public transportation. Old South Church is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination.
A cover letter (describing your interest in the position and serving as a writing sample) and resume are required to apply for this position. Please submit your materials to email@example.com.
Location: Old South Church
Contact: Helen McCrady
Address: 645 Boylston Street Boston MA 02116