Park Avenue Congregational Church (PACC), UCC, an Open and Affirming Congregation, seeks a part-time Sunday School Coordinator/Lead Teacher. This position has excellent growth potential for a candidate who seeks greater responsibility and exhibits strong leadership qualities.
PACC seeks someone with an openness to progressive, Christian faith who can cultivate a positive, nurturing relationship with children, youth and families so that church is a place where they feel loved and valued on their faith journey.
The primary function of this job is to plan, lead, and oversee all elements of Sunday School, including:
- Using a published curriculum, plan lessons and prepare materials for two classrooms (one preschool and one elementary);
- Schedule established adult and youth volunteer teachers, and seek out new ones from among the PACC community to teach and assist in classrooms;
- Lead-teach in elementary classroom each Sunday;
- Work with Pastor and Youth Music Director/Acting Christian Education Director to coordinate occasional special Sunday School events, supplies, etc.;
- Be on-site Sunday mornings 9:30am - 12:00pm to prepare classrooms, teach, clean up, and connect with children and families
Applicants should have experience working with children and be comfortable working in a church environment. They should demonstrate strong organizational, collaborative, and communication skills; be punctual; and possess excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
Submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Park Avenue Congregational Church, UCC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Park Avenue Congregational Church
Contact: Christine Rochon
Address: 50 Paul Revere Road Arlington MA 02476
Email: Click to email