Reports to: Senior PastorEffective: December 1, 2021
Status: non-exempt, 20 hours per week
Position SummaryThe Office Administrator will organize and coordinate church office operations and procedures in order to ensure administrative effectiveness and efficiency in the ministry of the church.
- Manage the church office to ensure effective telephone, mail, email, and personal communications both internally and externally including Village Green Nursery School.
- Prepare worship bulletins for Sundays and all special services.
- Create weekly worship announcement sheet including joys and concerns, and the weekly calendar
- Organize office operations and procedures including maintaining an inventory of office supplies.
- Maintain the church membership database and the email database on MailChimp.
- Negotiate contracts and prices with office vendors and manage relationships with service providers, tenants and renters, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Maintain normal office functions including filing, copying, and maintaining records.
- Maintain the calendar of building use in a way that is accessible to everyone.
- Provide general support to weekday visitors during normal office hours.
- Administrative support for the pastors as time permits
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and database management
- Patient, good natured, good with people, friendly
Core CompetenciesOrganizing: Can gather and organize resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; can use resources effectively and efficiently.
Planning: Accurately assesses the length and difficulty of a project; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Interpersonal relationships: Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
Integrity and Trust: Is seen as trustworthy by others; practices direct, honest and transparent communication; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t operate with hidden agendas; responds to situations with constancy and reliability.
Location: First Congregational Church of Southington
Contact: Rev. Dr. Ron Brown
Address: 37 Main St Southington CT 06489
Email: Click to email
Attached file(s): view file