Digital Ministry Coordinator
Part-Time / 10-20 hours a week average.
South Church, an open and welcoming community of disciples in New Britain, CT, is seeking a Digital Media Coordinator to oversee the digital and social ministry of the church. This is a new role at the church, born out of the pandemic, to assist with our pre-recorded/live-streaming services and help us grow our digital presence in the community.
We are looking for a person who is a self-starter and can work with minimal day to day supervision. You will work in partnership with our pastor, director of music and church administrator to develop and implement a communications strategy that tells the story of our church in a compelling way.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Produce our pre-recorded/live-stream worship. This includes producing and collecting pre-recorded content, creating the scenes for our worship gatherings, and running the live-stream.
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with production of live-stream, and to be Tech Deacons on our streaming sites during live-streams (engaging in comments with digital worshipers)
- Create content and manage the Social Media presence of the church. Currently the church has a Facebook page, and a YouTube channel. Work to grow engagement all platforms.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Two to three years of work experience in digital communications and social media marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven success in digital communications including social media, email marketing, and YouTube.
- Understanding of analytics of these platforms is a plus.
- Experience with basic graphic design and video editing.
- Must maintain confidentiality in regards to pastoral concerns shared.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel, and the Google equivalents.
- Experience with Live-Streaming software (OBS, vMix, etc)
- Ability to use both Windows and/or Mac OS.
Location: South Congregational Church
Contact: Jane Rowe
Address: 90 Main Street New Britain CT 06051
Phone: (860) 223-3691
Attached file(s): view file