PARENTAL LEAVE PASTOR POSITION AVAILABLE
Time Period: March 1st 2021- May 31st 2021
Position Description: We are looking for an interim pastor to lead our church while our pastor is on parental leave. This is a part-time position.
Pastor will preside over our Sunday morning services and will be on-call for any pastoral care needs. At this time our worship services are exclusively on Zoom and we do not know whether we will be back in our sanctuary in the Spring of 2021. The interim pastor needs to be able to be in Burlington on Sundays in the event that we are worshipping in our sanctuary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and conduct 13 weekly Sunday church services in collaboration with the Deacons, the Music Director, and the Office Administrator.
- Attending a weekly Zoom worship rehearsal (less than an hour)
- Choosing the scripture
- Choosing hymns with our Music Director
- Presiding over Children’s Time (if we’re back in our sanctuary)
- Preparing the Call to Worship and Prayer of Invocation
- Leading the Joys and Concerns and offering the Pastoral Prayer
- Offering Prayer of Dedication
- Presiding over Communion on the first Sunday of the month
- Presiding over Baptisms as needed (if we’re back in our sanctuary)
- Provide pastoral visits to church members as needed
- Conduct funeral services as needed
Candidate should be ordained, or be a member in discernment, and have some experience leading a congregation.
If interested, please send your ministerial profile and cover letter to Rev. Wells-Bean at RevWells@UCCBurlington.org. If you do not currently have an active profile, please send a resume.
Location: Burlington, UCC
Contact: Angela Wells-Bean
Address: 6 Lexington St Burlington MA 01803
Phone: (781) 272-4547
Attached file(s): view file