Under the general direction and supervision of the Minister, the Leader will reimagine and revitalize our programs for children and youth with the following primary tasks:
- Develop and lead the Middle and High School Youth Programs of the Church.
- Be responsible for development and choice of curriculum materials for church school for grades K-5, taking particular care to ensure that the materials are fresh, contemporary, and aligned with theological perspective of the Minister and adult Congregation.
- Recruit and supervise volunteer teachers for grades K-5 taking care to ensure that they receive sufficient training and support to enable them to be effective and work with high morale. The Leader will also be expected to teach individual classes when and if necessary for the effectiveness of the program.
- In collaboration with the parents, CE Committee, Vitality Committee and Minister, plan social or holiday group events attractive for this community and which help connect them to the broader Congregation.
- Take primary responsibility for outreach to families with children, paying particular attention to the opportunity to establish contact with those who are new to the community. More broadly, be responsible for maintaining the connection of the parents of children in the program to the program and the Congregation as a whole.
- Maintain and implement applicable health and safety policies in all programs, including Safe Church and CORI qualification as appropriate.
Contact: Nancy Klebart, Office Manager
Address: PO Box 187 Manchester by the Sea MA 01944