The children’s message provides a wonderful opportunity for talking about God with children within the context of the worshipping community. Here are some resources and tips to help you plan what to do and say to nurture these precious souls in ways that will guide them to a mature faith.
- Children's Messages Workshop Handout by Debbie Gline Allen, SNEUCC Minister for Faith Formation.
- Wondering with Children
- Topics for Children's Messages to help children become fluent in the language of the Church.
- Prayer Styles for All Ages, includes a list of "Holdables".
- Choosing a Bible Storybook
- Teaching Godly Play: How to Mentor the Spiritual Development of Children by Jerome Berryman.
- I Wonder: Engaging a Child's Curiosity About the Bible by Elizabeth Caldwell.
- Human Development and Faith: Life-Cycle Stages of Body, Mind, and Soul, second edition by Felicity Kelcourse, ed.
- In the Midst of Chaos: Caring for Children as Spiritual Practice by Bonnie Miller-McLemore.
- Real Kids, Real Faith: Practices for Nurturing Children's Spiritual Lives by Karen Marie Yust.
- Children’s book reviews @ Storypath, includes scriptural links/explanations
- Children’s Message Do’s and Don’ts
- Should there be a children’s message?