This kind of training is critical to the life and health of a congregation, particularly in post-pandemic times:
- It supports both clergy and lay leaders in adapting the best possible methods and learning models for hybrid ministry;
- It provides theological and theoretical grounding in this ministry that keeps its leaders focused, and guides them in forming disciples of all ages;
- It supports both clergy and lay leaders in assessing, selecting, and adapting the best possible resources for their particular congregation in post-pandemic times, both in age group and intergenerational settings;
- It enlightens leaders about the spiritual development of children, youth, and adults, and the critical effectiveness of intergenerational worship & ministry; and
- It provides peer support in collaboration, networking, and relationship-building for the ministry of accompaniment with people of all ages on their journey of faith.
Who may participate in the Southern New England Conference’s Faith Formation Leadership Program?
ANYONE! Lay leaders, local church staff, authorized ministers — anyone who wants to further their education and understanding about the Bible, theology, Christian practices, and faith formation for all ages in the United Church of Christ is welcome to take advantage of this opportunity to expand their experiences in the Christian faith.
This program is offered as both a Certificate program, and as a series of classes that may be taken as stand-alone opportunities for those only interested in certain topics. Classes include a focus on faith formation and youth ministries.
Registration is now open for the 2021-2022 program year. Each class is offered twice to allow participants to select the best date and format for their particular needs — once via Zoom and once at Hadwen Park Congregational Church in Worcester, MA.
Classes offered this program year are:
- Exploring Curriculum & Digital Resources with Debbie Gline Allen and Jennifer Murray
- Engaging Our Sacred Scripture’s Story
with Rev. Don Remick
- Exploring the United Church of Christ — Our History, Our Beliefs, Our Identity with Rev. Dr. Audrey Price
- Boundary Awareness for Faith Formation & Youth Ministry Leaders with Rev. Greg Morisse
- Serving Together — Mission For All Ages with Rev. Kevin Weikel
Those who minister in the church owe it to our children, youth, and adults to offer the best possible models, resources, and support in faith formation ministries, particularly during these uncertain times. We owe it to our God as well. Join us this program year in making connections, honing and adapting your ministry skills, and igniting your passions for lifelong faith formation!
Debbie Gline Allen serves as a Minister of Faith Formation on the Conference’s Faith Formation Ministry Team. She also serves as the administrator of the SNEUCC Faith Formation Leadership Program. Her passion for ministry is with children and family...