Two opportunities to witness will soon be upon us: Earth Day and the April 29 People’s Climate March. To help you and your congregation in your plans to participate in both, here are some important links and resources.
EARTH DAY RESOURCES
- From the UCC: http://www.ucc.org/earth_day_sunday
- From Interfaith Power and Light: https://interfaith-power-light.myshopify.com/collections/faith-climate-action-week-supplies
- From GreenFaith: http://www.greenfaith.org/resource-center/spirit/greenworship-resource/christian-resource-1/christian-resource
- Celebrating Where We Play & Pray: 100 Sermons for Public Lands (National Religious Partnership for the Environment)
PEOPLE’S CLIMATE MARCHES IN NEW ENGLAND
- Boston and other New England towns will be holding Sister Marches on April 29. https://actionnetwork.org/events/boston-pcm-hub
- Find Sister City Marches here: https://peoplesclimate.org/sister-marches/
PEOPLE'S CLIMATE MARCH IN WASHINGTON, DC
- The UCC is an official co-sponsor of the April 29 climate march in Washington, DC. Click here to register with the UCC and receive info on how to connect with other UCCers gathering in Washington DC for the march: http://www.ucc.org/climate_march_in_washington_d_c
- The official website with info, resources, FAQs and much more: https://peoplesclimate.org/
- Multi-Faith Contingent plans for the March: http://faith.peoplesclimate.org/
- TRANSPORTATION TO WASHINGTON DC:
- Greater Boston Buses: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/massachusetts-goes-to-the-peoples-climate-mobilization-tickets-32448524410
- Buses from Framingham, the Pioneer Valley, the Berkshires and other parts of Massachusetts -- for details, click here.
Jim Antal is a denominational leader, activist and public theologian. He led the 360 churches of the Massachusetts Conference United Church of Christ from 2006 to his retirement in 2018. An environmental activist from the first Earth Day in 1970, ...