Fortunately, your Massachusetts Conference has three newly updated resources that you can use to find the best person or persons to guide you in forming the faith of your children, youth, and adults. Two of these resources have been available previously, but now they have been re-worked and re-resourced into three “handbooks” that are easier to navigate and use.
The “Seeking a Christian Educator or Youth Ministry Leader” handbook offers guidelines, information, resources, and worksheets to help a congregation determine what type of Christian educator and/or youth ministry leader will be a good fit. Included within its pages are:
- guidelines for creating the job description
- sample job descriptions
- a position profile worksheet
- compensation guides
- where to advertise
- an interview process
- and more
- a service of covenanting template
- a periodic review process
- recommendations for ongoing nurture and support
- faith formation committee guidelines
- recognizing stress and burnout
- fostering collegial support
- links to current training programs, continuing education, and resources
- a link to current youth ministry books, websites, blogs, and curriculum resources
- youth ministry committee guidelines
- job description template
- compensation guidelines
- form templates (medical release, trip permission, incident report)
- recommendations for self-care
Blessings on your faith forming ministries!
Debbie Gline Allen serves as a Minister of Faith Formation on the Conference’s Faith Formation Ministry Team. She also serves as the administrator of the SNEUCC Faith Formation Leadership Program. Her passion for ministry is with children and family...