And you know how, right?...by our love. We have seen love in abundance around and among us at General Synod.
- We are speaking the truth in love through our resolutions.
- We have spoken prophetically to the world calling for love for the planet and future generations through instructing those who invest our funds to cease investing in profit from fossil fuels.
- We have spoken respectfully to each other during our discussions, showing our love for each other. We have not only brought an amazing 10,000 scarves to call us to oppose LGBT bullying but they were ALL distributed with people signing a pledge to speak up.
- We also celebrated the love of Jay and Dave by attending their wedding right here in the convention center, now that it is again legal for them in California.
- Some of us were out to dinner where an extra salad was inadvertently ordered and then shared with Ricky who would have otherwise gone hungry though he still had to sleep outside.
We can't just talk the talk without walking the walk. As we walk away from the talk-fest that is the General Synod we have the opportunity to roll up our sleeves to do the work we have here challenged us to do. May we be the people we believe ourselves to be, believing the words on the Life is Good Boston shirt (sold to support the One Fund) as worn by a couple of MACUCC delegates: nothing is more powerful than love!
The Rev. Ian Lynch is the Pastor of the First Congregational Church UCC in Brimfield.