I’m not one to make New Year’s Resolutions – never have and probably never will. But the turning of the clock into a New Year always offers us a doorway into a new beginning and an opportunity to reflect on where we’ve been in the year past… In a recent Facebook post from On Being, one of their regular contributors, Parker Palmer offered these five questions to ponder for the New Year. These questions resonate with me and so I share them with all of you – post these questions by your computer, your refrigerator, or wherever you take your morning coffee. Take some time, once a day or even once a week perhaps, to ponder on these questions… See what happens!
- How can I let go of my need for fixed answers in favor of aliveness?
- What is my next challenge in daring to be human?
- How can I open myself to the beauty of nature and human nature?
- Who or what do I need to learn to love next? And next? And next?
- What is the new creation that wants to be born in and through me?